Built on Our
All of our training is based on our five fundamentals of property development.
Learn how to locate, filter and canvas potential property development sites and understand key methods of acquisition including options and developer agreements.
Learn how to undertake a feasibility study, including detailed analysis of high level feasibilities, static feasibilities and cashflow feasibility analysis models.
Learn how to prepare and obtain relevant authority approvals (including a development application, construction certificate, occupation certificate, strata subdivision certificate and more).
Learn how to maximise your revenue by understanding your target market needs and discover strategies to minimise your settlement risk.
Learn how to deliver the project on time and on budget, including how to determine the right type of building contract, how to effectively engage builders and consultants, and how to manage defects and issues.
Expert Training for
Government and Industry
We offer bespoke training for companies across a broad range of sectors including:
- Project planning
- Property developers
- Property investors (improvers)
- Community housing providers
- Building designers
- Builders and subcontractors
- Local government
- State government departments; and
- Companies intending to undertake capital investment projects (developments, refurbishments, expansions and new facilities)
A Wide Range of
Bespoke Training Topics
Our bespoke training is customised to your needs and can cover topics including, but not limited to:
- Project establishment
- Introduction to property development
- Advanced property development
- Risk identification, mitigation and management
- Site acquisition
- Preparation of feasibility studies and maintenance of monthly cashflows
- Authority approval strategies
- Project management
- Consultant and contractor engagement and delivery strategies
- Settlement and occupancy risk management strategies; and
- Monthly reporting
Steve Chandler is the CEO of the Property Development Institute and your instructor in this course.
Steve is a third generation property developer who has written books on building and property development, has lectured at two of Australia’s most prestigious universities and has delivered property development training across Australia on behalf of the property industry’s peak representative body.
Steve has worked on residential, commercial, industrial, health care, shopping centre, infrastructure, manufacturing, public buildings and other forms of development.
Steve is an active property developer with a passion for sharing what he has learnt over 40+ years in the industry.
To learn more about our bespoke training packages, please contact us.